Monday, May 30, 2011

Boo in the Poo!

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments on The Letter you have all made very valid points. I have decided to sit on it for a little while and see how I feel once some time has passed. I think that is the best thing to do at this stage.

When I said Boo was into everything. Here is an example.
After having lunch at my parents house, my mother and I were in the kitchen doing the dishes. When my mother noticed that Boo was very quiet. So I went and checked on him and found this!
He had taken a packet of gravy flour from her pantry, he is so quick we didn't even see him walk into the kitchen.

He had thrown it all around the lounge room and on the couch.


He wanted to clean it up.


Then decided that the best way to do that was to become a human mop and flapped his arms and legs in it.
Arrrgh what do you do? I was pretty cross with him, but we still had a laugh. Cheeky monkey!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beware of quiet children! I always know mine are up to no good when I can't hear them LOL

Lut C. said...

A sensible decision, about the letter.

Throwing around flower, very naughty!
But not too bad to clean up - not like baby oil or other bath products on the wall. Or worse.

Teemaree said...

I know these things are a trouble at this stage I completely relate and understand. However, as a mother that has raised her children do believe me when I say that it is these very memories that will bring tears to your eyes as they grow and things become more complex. I read your blog regularly and am familiar with all you have going on, I do not claim to have any answers. The only suggestion I have is perhaps setting up "cheeky monkey moments" where he can have his madcap fun in a controlled way that won't derail Mommy. That way when it is not a "cheeky monkey moment" he will have something to look forward to and you will have a bartering tool for those moments when things get tough. Another blessing is that if structured you could very well find lovely bonding times and perhaps in the process find the "cheeky monkey" inside of you. Humbly yours, Teemaree

Kristin said...

When you are that cute, you can get away with being a cheeky monkey.

Bea said...

Heh... very cute. In a naughty way! He is definitely wanting to explore, a very healthy sign... if only it didn't add to the cleaning!

I have been reading your letter and I think you've made a wise decision. I think if you sent it you would be waiting for a response, and you would be disappointed at best and angry and upset and wanting to go another round at worst. I think you would feel better if you could find it in you to just leave it be and walk away, having written it all out to clarify it to yourself in your own mind. But I think sitting on it for now and thinking about the best approach will make it clearer to you what you ought to do.

Bea