Monday, October 27, 2014

#MicroblogMondays 1: Itchy Feet

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.
*******

My boy and I are not long back from a 6 week European holiday. ( More on that later) You would think that would have cured my itchy feet. Nope. I really can't afford to go anywhere after Europe but our Summer is nearly here and I long for a beach holiday so I am looking at camping spots not too far away. A cheap holiday which will put a stop to the itchy feet for a little bit longer at least. Just as well we love camping and have I have become quite good at setting up camp on my own.

My boy will be starting school next year, which means we will have to get away during school holiday times and peak periods. I am going to miss having the luxury of choosing when we want to go away. I still can't believe my baby boy will be starting school. Gasp.

15 comments:

Middle Girl said...

It is a special time, as you have already recognized and captured.

lostintranslation said...

Camping with kids is great! Hope you'll be able to find a nice spot to rest your itchy feet.

Karen said...

It's crazy to see how quickly the time goes; I remember him bum shuffling everywhere as if it were yesterday.

I hope a beach holiday will help cure the itchy feet.

xoxo

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Whoa... I can't believe he's so old either.

We take the twins out of school rather than go during busy times. Right now, it works. I'm sure once they hit middle school it will become more difficult.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I want to hear more about where you went in Europe!

Corinne Rodrigues said...

I'm sure your boy will love all the memories you are creating with him! Here's to many more. :)

Anonymous said...

It's just kindergarten, you can still take him out for a holiday! Trust me, he won't mind!

Pundelina said...

Oh wow! 6 weeks!! What an awesome trip.

And, no, he CANNOT be starting school. Where the heck does time even go???

I want some vicarious travel news next please :)

Richard said...

Vee. Was thinking of you and max and your little man this morning. Hope you and the cub are doing ok.
All the best,

Richard

Richard said...

Vee. Was thinking of you and max and your little man this morning. Hope you and the cub are doing ok.
All the best,

Richard

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Still thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and your cub.

Anonymous said...

Dear Vee, if you read this, I want you to know that I'm still wondering how life is treating you and your cub. All the best from Europe.

Anonymous said...

Hoping you're having a good life with your cub.