Tuesday, May 18, 2010

One Week

It has been one week since you left my side, I miss you terribly.

Last night I thought I would play a game of Scrabble on Facebook hoping it would be a good distraction.....only to find 3 games we had not completed. It said it was your turn. I cried and cried, you will never have your turn. I could hear you calling out across the house telling me it was my turn at Scrabble and would get annoyed if I had had my computer time and forgotten to play. You found great joy in it towards the end. Shuffling into the home office to sit at your computer once a day because that is all you could manage it was such a huge effort for you, to read your emails and have your Scrabble turn. The evening the ambulance took you to the hospital was the evening we finally had set up a laptop for you to play from your bed.
You never had your turn. Maybe you have found some other friends to play with in your peaceful new home. Your turn will be waiting till we meet again.

Miss you so much bubs. xx

14 comments:

MrsSpock said...

Thinking of you...*hugs*

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. {{HUGS}}

Rach said...

No words of wisdom Vee just lots of big squishy cuddles and bucketloads of love from the other side of this big country of ours...

xxxxx

Carolyn said...

Oh Honey,

I lost my mom 19 years ago and STILL pick up the phone to call her. And I've changed countries since then! (I wish I knew that number)

It does get easier but in my humble opinion it is still harder on the ones left behind... Now my 2 cents worth...

Sweetheart, it's 'only' been a week so be gentle to yourself. Cry lots! Don't reject any help offered!

Scream, shout or do whatever helps you! (I used to find it helpful to complain/shout/scream to my mom when I was driving in the car - just not in front of small children - they don't like it)

Keep talking to him because he is still out there...

Also keep that game waiting because I truly believe he will wait for his turn - and then he will WIN!!!

Gil said...

I am with Carolyn... keep talking to Max because he is still right there beside you. He CAN hear you sweetie.

And yeah, leave that scrabble game right where it is. Max will get to have his turn.

Mer said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I agree with others, keep talking to him, I firmly believe he is with you.

Serenity said...

Hugs, sweetie.

xxx

Jules said...

He will always be with you Vee. xo

princessjo1988 said...

Oh Vee. I have missed you. :(

I am thinking of you, and bubba...

laurieb145 said...

Tears running down my face...I am so sorry. He is and always will be with you.

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Sending lots of thoughts and hugs to you.

Jules363 said...

Heartbreaking. I agree, keep talking to him...and to us.

Mrs. X said...

Dear Vee,
I used to read your blog and then you went private and I truly respect that. Every now and then I wondered about you...
I am so sorry you lost your husband. I don't know right words... and probably nothing will make you feel better. Know that I'm sending my strengthening thoughts on your way that you have strength to cry when you are sad and smile when looking at your son!

chicklet said...

Vee, I just don't even know what to say except it sucks, and I wish I could say something that helped, but know I can't.