Friday, May 14, 2010

Thank You And Goodbye


These are my words to Max read by a good friend on my behalf at his funeral today.

"Thank you for choosing me to be your life partner.
Thank you for being so caring.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful smile.
Thank you for making me laugh with your silly sense of humour.
Thank you for being so sensitive and gentle to me and to others.
Thank you for your honesty.
Thank you for embracing my family and allowing them to love you.
Thank you for teaching me to love myself.
Thank you for fighting for what you believed in.
Thank you for being so stubborn and determined.
Thank you for your creativity and sharing it with the world.
Thank you for teaching me to see the beauty in the little things.
Thank you for sharing your courage and strength, I have found an inner strength I never knew existed because of you.
Thank you for sharing your love of the beach, animals and the nature around us.
Thank you for sharing your love of music and photography.
Thank you for allowing us to persevere and bring our beautiful son Bababoo into the world.
Thank you for being such a wonderful Daddy and giving your son so much love and joy.
Thank you for loving your food and sharing your joy with many.
Thank you for teaching others from your life experiences.
Thank you for opening your heart and loving me so much.
Thank you for your never ending supply of kisses and cuddles.
Thank you for telling me you love me each and every day and more.
Thank you for being such a huge part of my life.

You are finally comfortable and pain free. You promised you would watch over us and when we get there you will show us all the new beauty you have discovered.
I will always keep that in my heart.

Babe, the world is a better place for having you here.

You will never, ever be forgotten.

I love you lots… morer."


And a big thank you to you, all my blogging friends for your love and support during this difficult time

22 comments:

maytey said...

Oh sweetheart, that is so beautiful. I know he was just as lucky to have you in his life as you were to have him in yours. xxx

Rach said...

Oh Vee those are such beautiful words spoken from a heart full of nothing but love.

I have no doubt that if Alex could he would in turn thankyou for everything as you have done him.

When two souls are meant for each other they will find each other. Even though those souls are meant for each other, it does not always mean they will be together in the physical sense for a long time. They are together for as long as they need to be, parting ways until they meet again...which they will do because soulmates always find each other again.

And Vee my dear friend, there is no doubt in anyones mind that you and Alex are indeed soulmates....

Much love, light and peace...

xxxx

Dora said...

Beautiful. I've been thinking of you so much. xoxo

Kimberly said...

That is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing it. Still thinking of you, of all of you.

lparsons15 said...

Beautiful words..Thoughts and prayers to you..

Alex said...

I have tears in my eyes for your pain, and tears of joy in my eyes for the love you've known.

Stay strong.

Jane said...

So lovely and clearly from the heart, it sounds like he was well remembered and honoured lovingly x

Gil said...

Your words are so moving honey. I cried as I read them and I'm sure there wasn't a dry eye in the house when they were spoken. I am sure it was a beautiful, emotional service. As I said, we were all right there with you, holding your hand, cuddling Leo and helping you get through it.

In case you didn't see it, there are words of condolence left on a post that I made on my blog. Some people who aren't able to see your blog posted over there. Peek at it when/if you get a few moments. Alex is much loved and he will be missed by this entire community.
Alex's Passing.

serenity said...

Such gorgeous words; brought me to tears.

Much love and light to you, Vee.

xxx

Cibele said...

Thanks for let us be part of your life and thanks for share your hear with us. HUGS and prayers

Jeni said...

Beautiful words from a beautiful person, my thoughts are with as your travel the hardest road.

Anonymous said...

Oh Vee, that was beautiful and so sad. I'm sure that Alex is watching over you and Doudou as promised.
Lots of love
Leez xx

Lollipop Goldstein said...

This is, absolutely, beyond gorgeous. I am so sorry, Vee.

Anonymous said...

Vee! This is so beautiful and touching, I am certain Alex would be proud of you too. I do not have the words at the moment.
I cannot stop the tears for you and Doudou!
You have broken my heart....
Love you my friend.
Mary x

In Due Time said...

Beautiful tribute.

Thinking about you Vee. xoxo

Bea said...

Vee, it has taken me three separate goes to get through this post. I kept having to stop and walk away because it is so beautiful but so heartbreaking.

Bea

Jules363 said...

Beautiful words, Vee. I have been thinking of you often, and will continue to do so.

luna said...

just beautiful, vee.

annacyclopedia said...

Oh, honey. This is so beautiful and so sad.

My heart is with you, Vee. Every day.

tireegal68 said...

Beautiful:)

Kir said...

I am glad that I can write to you again, but like Bea, I have been here for a while and couldn't write because Tears are clouding my eyes and my heart is breaking.

These words you gave your love...are perfect in our imperfect world, they are light in the dark. Thank you for sharing them with us. Your love for each other is tangible.

May he rest now knowing how much he was loved by you.

Unknown said...

Nice blog