Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Loving it!

Wow, that week just flew by. I have been busy, busy is good, distractions are good. It makes grieving a little easier. I have been working on building up my photographic portfolio. I am getting there and I can see the improvements with every shoot I do. So to me that is success. I still have LOTS to learn though. Now or soon, very soon I hope I to start making some money from it. Because money is getting pretty tight now that I am paying more rent and the bills are starting to stack up and I don't like that feeling. There is so much that needs to be done before I can get out there though, all the business side of things, which I am usually not very good at. I would love to be able to hand all that over to someone else and just be creative, but that is not going to happen, not for a long time yet.

I miss not having Max around. He had been around for all my business ventures, helping make decisions pointing out the pros and cons I often don't see, he was a realist I am a dreamer. I miss him lots, he would be right into what I am doing now. He could have been my business partner, we could have done this together. See I am dreaming. It's not to be, but I will succeed in this and make him proud and make my Mum proud too. This week I did 3 newborn shoots I have set up a studio in my home, well actually its Boos play room, which I convert. Thankfully I have the space to do it in our new home. I had 3 lovely Mums sitting in my home breast feeding their babies so they would be settled before having their photos taken. If I didn't have Boo, I couldn't have watched that. I wouldn't be able to take photos of babies and children without it upsetting me. I would have been crying at the sight of it, but I was ok. I am ok. Boo makes it ok.  Before my Mum passed away she made all these baby props for my newborn photos, she is with me whilst I am shooting. I love that.

So that is where I am at. Boo is at daycare today so I need to keep working on this new venture. I am loving it and it's nice to have found something I love again.

If you would like a link to my FB page email me at veelife at gmail dot com.

8 comments:

Eden Riley said...

I adore that your mum made you newborn props. And hon, Power to you on your photography. Kick some serious ass, because you are so talented and amazing and clever.

XXOO

~stinkb0mb~ said...

great to read hon - you have something to focus on, to move towards and forwards with, it won't make the pain go away but it will help you deal with it.

have faith and those skills will improve - remember Vee you can do and be anything you want and Max and your Mum will always be there, right with you, every step of the way.

xx

maytey said...

Aww I agree, that's so great about your mum's props. You're doing some awesome work Vee, keep it up! xxx

Gil said...

I love the fact that your Mum is right there with you as you do this. It's beautiful. I know she and Max are so proud!

And wow, I've SEEN the photos you've taken on your FB page; they're GORGEOUS! Let me tell you, if I were there, you'd be doing some shots of Petite and Boo together and I would -so- be paying you for them!!!!

Much love as you embark on this new venture and have some fun with it!

Lut C. said...

Lovely to hear you're busy, doing something you like.

Cibele said...

You are so talented. I LOVE your photos. You are ready!!!

Leah said...

Ooh the newborn shoot sounds divine! I will be emailing you for the facebook group to have a squizz!

Kir said...

I love hearing joy in your voice, I love knowing you are doing something you enjoy, are so talented at and can share with all of us. May your ventures all be GOOD ones my friend. Thinking such good thoughts for you. xo